- Modularity is a key feature of the Nectar One.
- We’ll explain the benefits of our modular architecture to you in this post.
A lot of people are curious as to the modular architecture of the Nectar One and why we chose to do it in this manner. Modularity is not just any feature it is a crucial one for us. Our 3D printer has been designed from the ground up with modularity in mind. At every significant step we think about modularity and maintaining the modularity of the printer.
The key modules themselves:
- Our Linear Motion System (LMS) was developed in house and custom built for the Nectar One. By developing this system ourselves we are able to reap cost and efficiency while painting the accuracy and speed that we need to print well.
- Our RFID Material Recognition System lets the printer automatically use the correct settings for the Nectar One for each of our materials. Should you wish to use another material, no problem, you can manually enter the settings through the browser.
- The printer logo has a capacitive touch sensor letting you interact with your printer.
- Our Door System automatically opens and closes the 3D printer door when you touch the logo. The door can also be opened via the NectaWare software.
- Our Active Carbon and HEPA filter was custom made and designed to fit into the Nectar One so you can print safe in the knowledge that fumes will not enter your workshop from the printer.
- Our Material Feeder system was designed to work with custom sensors that prevent nozzle blockages.
- Our Four Zone Aluminum and Glass heated bed was designed to heat up quickly and have four independently controllable heating zones. This means it can be adapted to fit more print profiles.
- Our BeeHead was designed with physically separate hot and cold zones and custom parts to reliably and quickly extrude material.
Each of these hardware modules exists independently but they are made to work in concert.